1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this headstock a "Blem"? (P bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Playbyear, Jan 14, 2020.

1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I would focus on the instrument and forget about price. The majority of my basses are sub 500.00. I feel all of my inexpensive basses shoot way above their pay grade. I have a 200.00 Squier that is absolutely killer and I take it to practice often because it's just put together really well and it sounds great in a mix. The only bass I have that is "expensive" is my Elite Jazz. The only reason I bought that was because I felt the money was justified after playing it for a couple weeks in store and Sweetwater had some really great 0% financing.

If that headstock bothers you in any way shape or form, don't buy it. Wait and find something that you are proud to play. It's your money and it will be your instrument. The only opinion that matters is yours. Good luck!

Kro likes this.
  2. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Hehe touché!

Aside from the pickups, which will depend on your preferences, they really are very nice basses as long as they're in good functional shape.

Also, keep in mind that in the 60s, Precisions were being sold new for over $200. That's over $1,500 by today's standards - maybe not so bad of a deal if you think about it that way! ;)

3. SonnyBassPlayer

SonnyBassPlayer

Nov 29, 2013
    Italy
    Totally fine. It looks "weird" because the thick transparent causes an effect called "lens effect" which makes what is beneath look deeper or larger than it actually is.