Is this Hohner a good idea?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AnTz0r, Dec 1, 2004.

1. I just love the looks of this thing, been looking for a fretless black bass with matching headstock, this seems to be quite good:

does anybody know more about these basses? its selling from 125 euro, dont know what i could get it for exactly.... but something in that area. so thats pretty cheap. is the bass cheap or is it pretty good? where do they make these basses?
  2. got some extra info from the seller:

he says the fretboard is probably phenolic, and that it is probably made in the USA in the same series as the headless steinberger copies.

he says the body is from some sort of ash.

especially the part about it being made in the USA seems a bit unlikely to me, can anybody confirm the story?
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would get it. I used to have a Hohner headless and it was a high quality instrument.
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I had a 5 string Hohner, and I loved it. I sold it because I decided that 4 strings were enough for me at the time, but that aside, it was a great bass.
  5. flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    I have a Hohner Professional fretless (Jazz) bass. It has the phenolic fretboard. It's a great little bass but I don't think it was made in the USA. I looked and it doesn't say anywhere on the bass where it was manufactured.

6. I have a Hohner B2A. it's made in korea- i wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory as the Steinberger Spirits.
  7. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    Hohners are all made in Korea. I think that they are pretty solid for the money. I owned a The Jack model and I liked it ok.
  8. ok i just got it

turned out it was a pretty good idea :) MAN this thing has BALLSSSSSSS......

maybe ill type some more later, im gonna play now :)