Is this horse really dead?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I didn't want to spoil it, so I started a new thread. The Tara Labs thread has been dormant for over a month now. It's not even locked. Are we letting a sleeping dog lie, or has the horse been beaten to death? Will Bob ever post some results, or is QSC unwilling to let him bash another manufacturer? (Assuming, of course, that the cables don't perform as advertised.) Just curious.
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Aye the horse is dead.
  3. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I imagine if answers were forthcoming they would have arrived by now. Whatever has happened, and no explanation was offered, it appears that game is over.
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Well Bob's (and others) have recieved some pretty rough treatment during the whole episode. I wouldn't be surprised if they're flipping us the bird while they read this.

I thought it was a good experiment all round. I've certainly had all my questions answered. That's another vote for "Dead".
  5. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Perhaps its time to "unsticky" the thread and lock that puppy down! :D
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    but, but...but....That requires work. Speaking of which, you should be doing some.... :)

I'm gonna leave it open. You never know, someone might have something to add. And too much went into it to let it slide into oblivion.
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Time to make some glue.
  8. No it's only sleeping.

:D :bag:
  9. Or we could just cut out the middle man and feed it directly to my weird little cousin.

I'm still sort of baffled by the whole TARA labs thing.
  10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Were the cables ever returned?
  11. ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    I hope it isn't dead. I would like to know the results of Bob's testing. Plus there was some really good bitchin' and moanin' in that thread. Intertaining as all get out. :p
  12. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i agree. i found the thread way after it was started, and dedicated several hours of my life to the study of said thread.
    (i too would like some results....)
  13. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002

Why lock it down if it's a dead thread? I guess I don't understand why you wouldn want to, perhaps someone may want to add to it someday. It seems anything that has controversy in it has to be closed or "locked down". I always have said it before and will be happy to say it again, it's not a perfect world and if a company is pulling someones leg about it's claims or has bad customer service, I want to hear about it.