Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this insanity?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
  2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Good old Peter eh?!!

He actually thinks he is a big deal here at TB?? Not really he's kind of a joke.

Yeah so he has multiple accounts, no big deal. His alias will post something out of bounds and he gets banned again. No big deal to the mods, maybe to Paul. He is the one wasteing his own time and energy.

Besides the meaty discussions happen in the member area. Man Paul could make some money!!

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I can *understand* someone being upset at being banned (whether or not it was justified), but he has become like a comic book villan .... plans of world domination starting off by causing the collapse of TB! Its just weird!

When I read that post I thought it was just too weird not to share with TB!

4. every board has internet psychos. the thing is, it doesn't matter whether he's here or not, he can't act the way he was before without getting banned. which is part of the beauty of having politics restricted to the Lounge. if he feels like being an ass again, he'll have to shell out 20 bones for it each time.

5. I can't imagine how a guy like this can have a "hot girlfriend."

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Maybe its all just part of an overactive imagination?

BTW, did PD ever claim that he had a 'hot girlfirend'?

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmmm what an interesting race to hate.

8. Many, many, many times, both here and on alt.guitar.bass.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Oh, I only remember him referring to her as Chinese (hence he could not be a racist?? :confused:)

then again I guess his modesty would allow the odd "hot girlfriend" to slip out as well!

10. Knowing PD, his girlfriend probably isn't very attractive, but he's got such a terrible case of Yellow Fever that he doesn't mind.

11. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I never took the abnormal psych course in college. Is the behavior shown by this individual really narcissism or egocentrism?

12. I'm thinking "delusions of grandeur," but I'm not sure if that's a clinical term.

13. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Got an Mp3 to back that assertion up?;)

14. SOUNDCLIPS, MAN! I WANT F***ING SOUNDCLIPS!

15. Which Peter?

16. Pd_5string I think, a troll that was here a while back. Wasn't he a supporting member?

17. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I've heard his clips. I thought they were pretty impressive.

Girlfriend or not, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder anyway.

He's totally right about others violating the rules and being just as offensive. The problem is, less people agree with his point of view, therefore more poeple claimed to be offended.

18. I heard the clips and if that indeed was PD he sure can play but sometimes people will go to great lengths for attention. I wasn't nearly as offended by his opinions as I was at how he expressed them. I'm all for a good debate and all but the was pretty rude and disrespectful IMO.

Jeff

19. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    If you offend someone then you have offended someone, what does it matter if they are in the minority or the majority?

Anyway, I don't think that it is his views that keep getting him banned...it is the way they are expressed and the way they degenerate from being mature discussions into child-like rants and name calling...consistenty.

As JT has expressed many times...he shares a lot of PD's views, just not his (poor) attitude.

20. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I agree. He didn't just give opinions; he did the research, and gave the facts to back up what he was saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.