Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this is good deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by reasonbass, Aug 13, 2004.

1. A guy is selling an Eden wt300 along with an Eden CXM 110 cab. He told me that he would sell me both for 425.00 us.

Do you guys think its a good deal? I've been looking for a small 300 watt head, for band practice. And since I don't want to waste the tubes on my Mesa 400+, I was looking for a solid state amp. We don't practice that loud either so I think 300 watts is enough. And I'm gonna hook up the 110 cab to a 212 cab (both 8ohms) to get the full power of the head.

What do you ladies/gentlemen think?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The last two WT300s to close on eBay went for $350 and $360 respectively. If you believe that the CXM110 is worth more than $65 to $75; then yes, it's a good deal...

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    As long as you like the sound, it's not bad at all. I have an Eden WT-400, and I am reasonably happy with it. My only word of caution would be that the head might not be loud enough, depending on the impedance of the cab. But if you're confident that you like the sound and will be heard, you'll be getting your money's worth from this deal.

4. I'm gonna hook it up to 2 8ohm cabs for a total of 4ohms so I'll be getting 300 watts. And like I said we don't play that loud. On my Mesa 400+ I have my master set a 3 and the pre amp gain at 3. And my drummer complains if god forbid I put them on 4. lol

5. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I think that'd be fine. I used a B2R for full volume practicing and was just barely not loud enough.

Eden is a different story... especially for quiet practicing. Plus... a 2x12 cab will cover you on the lows for sure. The 10 will probably boost the highs a bit... and if its not the best in the world.... boo-friggon-hoo. :oops: It's a low-volume practice.

I'd say go for it. :)

6. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    keep in mind that with 2 8ohm cabs, both of them will get the same amount of power. so, the 10" will get the same amount of power going to it as the 212 which may push that little 10" too far while your trying to get more volume out of the 212.

7. i doubt that would be a problem, each cab has basicaly the same efficency. But I know what u mean. Well if it doesn't work for band practice. Then I'll have a little kick ass bed room amp.

8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    just dont expect the eden to be anywhere as loud as your mesa
    otherwise it's probably not a bad deal, just see if the cab works ok