1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this Jackson Bass fake ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Raw Raider, Dec 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Raw Raider

Raw Raider

Dec 23, 2016
    Hello everyone , (please excuse any mistakes i make around here , I'm new) , just need some help identifying a "jackson" bass. At first it looked like a Jackson Ex professional 90's bass or something , but there are different things that kinda deny it... I saw it in a shop (It's second hand, so the previous owner probably modified it) so I wanted to hear your thoughts about it before buying it (if).

1. First of all the volume and tone knobs look odd...
    2. Doesn't say "jackson" on the pickups...
    3. It has no codes or serial numbers whatsoever
    4. On the head we have a Jackson logo , though there's nothing like "Professional Ex Jackson" written on it... just "jackson"...

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Why would anyone fake a Jackson?
    Previous owner definitely replaced the knobs, maybe the pickups.

3. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    ^

4. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    I agree the body looks nothing like your typical Jackson, though it's possible they put out a line at some point that was less jackson-like.

It could be a mix between a Jackson neck with the body of some other budget bass line. Yamaha? Dean? Who knows. The body most certainly does not scream "Jackson" to me, either, so I understand your confusion.

Of course, Jacksons are not sought after, so it isn't some scammy attempt to clone. Looks like someone slapped together a frankenbass.

5. Raw Raider

Raw Raider

Dec 23, 2016
    Thanks -

Found this casually on the Jackson' wiki page :

"Even though they continue to make various series of guitars, sometime in the late 1990s, Jackson began dropping the series labels from the headstocks of their imported models. Since Fender took control, all imported models say "Jackson" on their headstock with no mention of a series."

Maybe this one could be one of the 90s ones without the series' logos

**Just found another one but black check it out**

Jackson Bass w/ Hardshell Case!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    UNICORN BASS likes this.