1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this normal? Amp popping fuses...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DumDrummer, Feb 24, 2008.

1. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    Well a buzz and a pop later my Ashdown Perfect 10 can't hold a fuse. I can't help but think this white goo all over the circuit board isn't part of it. Is this normal. I have not opened too many amps but I don't recall ever seeing anything like this.

Attached Files:

2. Popping fuses is not "normal" and you should probably have it looked at. I believe that the white stuff is just resin to hold the capacitors in place and is normal.

I have a perfect 10 for practicing in the home office and it has been great so far. Are you using the cabs that came with it? Are the speaker wires o.k.?

Ox.

3. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    Yep. Everything looks fine. This was the only thing that looked odd to me as it covers some of little do-dads on the circuit board. I am bummed, I really like the little perfect 10.

4. I would have it looked at. I know that they are relatively cheap, but I don't think they are being sold anymore and it would be ashamed to get rid of it if it turned out to be something simple. For what it is, I think that it sounds great.

Does it blow the fuses the minute you power it up or does it happen over a certain volume or a certain period of time? Have you tried running it with each cab separately to see if one cab is going bad and overloading the output?

I haven't opened mine up yet, but can you tell if it is a fuse on the power supply or on the outputs?

Ox.

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Normal... Well there was a thread last week about the same brand amp blowing its fuse.
    So apparently this Ashdown syndrome is kinda normal.

I hope yours ends up being something easy to fix... :)

6. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    I am pretty sure they are near where the speaker outputs are on the circuit board. The fuse pops about 1 second after I flip the power switch.