1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this normal (Help with Boss LS2)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Rage, Feb 4, 2017.

1. The Rage

The Rage

Nov 12, 2013
    First: Sorry for my english^^

I've purchased an LS2 to use in A+Bmix mode, for blending clean signal with a Carl Martin Plexitone and a DBBM.

For now I can play only using headphone with my zoom b2.1u, so I connected my pedals this way:

Bass into the input of the LS2 and from the output into the zoom.
    Plexitone and Muff in loop A. Nothing in Loop 2.

After a while I've started playing with phaser in the zoom and noticed that if I engage the LS2 and turn off Loop B (all counterclockwise) the phaser still comes through Loop A together with distortion and fuzz.
    Is this normal? I thought it would remain only the distortion...

2. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    The phaser is after the output and not affected by the loop. It sounds like you meant to put the zoom in loop B.

The Rage likes this.
  3. The Rage

The Rage

Nov 12, 2013
    Thanks for replying.
    That's what I thought! But why does it still pop up through the loop A? Don't understand.. Maybe do I have a faulty unit?

I've just tried with an amp. Bass in the input of LS2. Output of the LS2 into the zoom and from the zoom output into the amp.
    Distortion in the loop A, nothing in loop B.
    Same story as above. Completely cut out "clean" loop B signal, hoping to remain with just the distorted sound but the phaser still affect the distorted loop A

Also tried bass into zoom into the LS2 into the amp. Disrtortion in loop A, nothing in B. Always the same problem.
    Maybe I should return the unit.

4. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Smurf Village
    ehh?
    The phaser is in the zoom which comes after the distortion. Everything that you turn on in the zoom will be affected.

The Rage likes this.
  5. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    In every mode but 'Output Select' mode, the signal goes from the input to the output of the LS-2 - meaning that your Zoom before or after the pedal will always be 'on' or in the signal path.

If you don't want the Zoom in the signal path, then you should put it on Loop B of the LS-2 and use whichever mode you want to engage your distortion, or just the Zoom, or a mix of both.

If you have the manual, check the page that has all the diagrams of the signal path. Or click here: Boss LS-2 Instructions (Page 2 of 2)

You'll see that Input links to Output all the time, except for 'Output Select' mode, but then you don't really have loops, you just have 3 outputs for different signal chains.

The Rage likes this.
  6. The Rage

The Rage

Nov 12, 2013
    So I think I've made a fool of myself.^^
    Sorry, it's my first time using a looper...
    Thank you all for replying.