1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this normal? Squier Vintage Modified Jazz content

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Sep 29, 2008.

1. I only bought this today, and while I love the sound and the way it plays, I've noticed that the pickguard seems to dip inwards around the edge of the neck pickup. It's pretty obvious. Is it normal? Should I go back to the store and swap it for another? Or am I just being paranoid?

Attached Files:

1.jpg
      File size:
      65.8 KB
      Views:
      2.jpg
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
  2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Wrong forum by a longshot. And no, thats not normal.

3. Yes I'm well aware that it's the wrong forum. The problem is that I can't move my own thread :(

4. Could someone please move this thread?

5. that's the neck pickup, and yes there is a problem... your pickup cover has gotten caught on the pickguard when the pickup was installed. That should not have got through QA... the hole in the pickguard for the pickup is not large enough...

Take it back

6. Of course it's the neck pickup! D'oh! Never start threads when you're tired and have the flu....

I'll take it back today and see if I cap swap it.