Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is THIS normal??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Im a sock, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Hi, I hope I posted this in the right forum, if its not I apologize. :eek:

Anyways, is this normal? It's a peavey cirrus thats about 4 years old and I noticed some slight cracks in the finish where the neck meets the body about 2 and a half years ago. I brought it in to my local shop and the tech there said it was normal and not to worry about it. I'm just a little concerned and need some real closure on this. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. :bassist:

2. A few cracks aren't going to split it in half.

3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    You should mention it to Peavey. They might fix it, you never know. I hear their customer service is exceptional.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Is being a sock "normal"? I think not. Compared to that, I'd say the neck looks fine. I'm not an expert, nor do I play one on TV, but those cracks appear to be only in the finish.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, they look like they are only in the finish which isnt great, but it should be ok.

Peace
    Nick

6. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Is being Chris Fitzgerald normal? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN ::mysterious music in:: :D

Maybe I will mention it to Peavey, although I don't really know what they would do about it. Thanks for the help everyone.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If it was in the wood, eventually, it might.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I do play an expert on TV ;) & it seems to be in the finish only, nothing to really worry about. Also, giving Peavey a call wouldn't hurt, either.