1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ksihawk7, Feb 24, 2013.

1. I recently got a Mighty Mite neck, and noticed that the top of the nut wasn't level. Being that I only have 1 other bass, and have never ordered a neck before, I have no idea if that's really an issue or not.
    [​IMG]

2. Mickey Mao

Mickey Mao

Jun 7, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Nothing to worry about. As long as the nut slots are the proper depth, it's fine.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Moved and seconded.

4. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    That is the way it's supposed to be. Some of the strings are bigger than the others remember? In order for them to fit into the nut slots...ah yes, you're following me now right?

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    As long as the bottoms of the grooves are the same distance from the fret board you are good to go.

6. That's what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.