Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this norman acoustic guitar repairable?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dirtgroove, Jun 8, 2005.

1. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Hey guys,
    My friend Ryan out here is heartbroken. I've never seen anything quite so close to a grown man burst into tears.
    He has a Norman B20 HG acoustic guitar (Canadian made). It's a sweet guitar in my book....
    She's also mysteriously developed a crack in the headstock near the neck, about an inch long. I'll try to post pics later,
    What I'm wondering it can be fixed. Admittedly, I know nothing about acoustic guitars and so figured that one of you tremendous people might at least be able to point me in the right direction- if it is in any way repairable.
    any help or thoughts would be very much appreciated-
    Thanks,
    Tom.

2. It probably can be fixed.

A co-worker's son had the headstock snap completely off his electric guitar. They took it to a repair shop, and it was professionally repaired quite well.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Normans are fantastic, they're made by Lasido in Canada, the same company that makes Seagull, Godin, and some other makes. I have a Seagull guitar that I'm in love with. I'd recommend that your friend contact Norman, they have a web site here http://www.normanguitars.com/ and see what they can do. I don't know what kind of warrantee they offer, but it's worth asking about at least. Or for the paid repair send it off to them instead of using a local shop.

My sister has a Norman, what a great guitar.