Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this panda/dog hybrid REAL?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hateater, Dec 13, 2005.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I have seen a few different spots in the internet that have a dog and panda that was supposedly cross bred... or something like that. I know nothing about genetics, bread, or anything that involves thinking, so I thought I would as this here: IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CROSS BETWEEN TWO DIFFERENT SPECIES? IS THIS JUST A DOG WITH IT'S HAIR DYED LIKE A PANDA?!?

I really need some smart people to answer me...

2. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    UPDATE!!!!

I have searched google, as i should have done first, and it turns out it is just a dyed dog. However, it is still ****in adorable.

Attached Files:

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I think there is a special place in hell for people who dye their dogs to make the news. :mad:

4. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Uhh, the dog doesn't seem to mind. I don't know if dying your dog is a crime... anyways, it's some douche from tokyo who is doing this. You know how those Japanese people love cute stuff.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Yep. It's right next to the place where they keep the people who over-react to stuff they see on the internet.

6. The definition of different species is that the two cannot have offspring that in turn can have offspring. It is possible however to cross some closely related species, for instance horse and donkey to make a mule. Mules are sterile.

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Not overreacting, just an opinion!

8. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh--wishing eternal damnation for some hair dye on a pooch isn't overreacting? :eyebrow:

Oh, well...You say tomato, I say tomato. Damn...that doesn't really work well in print, does it? :D ;)

9. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Much to my dismay I can't count the times I've seen Jackasses and Foxes together. :meh:

:bag:

10. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Shoulda written: you say tom-eh?-to, I say to-mah-to... okay that's not much better.

But dying a dog is a pretty douche thing to do.

11. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Well, yeah, if you want to take the fun out of it and do it fa-net-ick-ally. :D

I agree. Never said it wasn't dumb, dumb, dumb. I just didn't think it merited a beach towel next to a lake of fire. :D Besides, I'm bored at work.

12. Yeah, it's not like you'd ever do something like that to a HUMAN's hair oh wait

13. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    At least they didnt EAT the dog, as is common in oriental countries hehe. And as someone else said, a hybrid like this is not possible. While some animals can cross breed, like the horse/donkey or tiger/lion (makes Tigons or Ligers - depending on which was the male or female), these crosses are usually steril (not always), and they still have to be in the same family of animals. A bear and dog are not so hehe.

14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Seeing this pic i could understand why you would ask.

15. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

So would it be a "Pog" or a "Danda"?

16. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    A Pandog.

Yeah, but I have seen in a few different places that this thing was an actual mix of a dog and panda... all done up in a lab and all that jazz. Then, after a quick google search, I found out that the dog is... a dog.

17. I was just reading this thread, nothing special... then *BAM*

lol.

It's true, I just didn't expect it. ;)

18. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    This might be a better shot..
    [​IMG]

I wonder what the dog thinks.

19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Here's a picture of another little known species, the mog. A cross between a man and a dog. They are very rare, be sure you keep your schwartz in your pants if you ever encounter one. They are known to get "aggressive" around schwarzt's
    [​IMG][/IMG]