1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this possible? Zon Sonus BG4 contest

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnnydingle, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Okay, an old friend of mine who has done pretty well for himself alleges that he ordered or is in the process of ordering the new Zon Sonus BG4 (Bill Gould) bass. He got wind of my current situation (nasty and costly divorce that let me to me seling off a bunch of my gear so I don't go bankrupt). I had shared the bass on Facebook a few days ago talking about how I wish I had $3600 because that is pretty much the only signature/artist bass I would bother owning. He messaged me on Facebook today about it saying that he would give me $1000 toward it. I told him that I appreciate it, but I couldn't even come up with the rest. He said he was on it, then 45 minutes later said watch for the UPS guy in about 6 weeks. I assumed he was just messing with me (we used to play a lot of mean jokes on each other as kids). He said he wasn't and insisted that he wasn't. I told him that if he's messing with me, he needs to tell me now because I'm going to cry if this was true. His response was "I'm 33 and don't lie anymore so grab the nearest tissue."

So here's my problem (and this could just be because my situation has turned me into a total skeptic and pessimistic Eeyore) I can't figure out how he could have ordered it. You can't just go Zon's website and order one. I can't find one for sale anywhere online. Could he have called them direct on a Saturday and ordered it? Is it available online somewhere? We're in Illinois and the only dealer is in Chicago, but he lives in Springfield. Could he have called a dealer and had it taken care of? Anybody's thoughts?

2. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Honestly sounds fishy to me.

3. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    Update here if anything comes of this! There was a BG4 contest I believe and I'm sure you can call Zon direct to order one of these if you have the cash.

4. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    I was never informed of any kind of contest... and if he did order a new one, it would more than likely take 6 MONTHS minimum.

Maybe he found an older one used, but that's pretty unlikely... or maybe he bought a completely different Zon bass, thinking they are all the same... I have no idea. I'm just making guesses.

Anyway, I'm a pretty skeptical dude as it is, but to me it sounds like your friend is having fun at your expense.

I hope not... but that that's what it sounds like.

5. Direct Box Rox

Direct Box Rox Silence = Deaf

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Wonder what the update is on this?