Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt bass, Nov 24, 2003.

1. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Hi guys, quick question for you all.

I own a Peavey Nitrobass head and Peavey 4x10 cab and a Peavey TKO115. Would it be at all possible to use the active cross over from my nitrobass head into the TKO? My thoughts were that since it is an active cross over i already have a power amp in the TKO.

On the other hand, i could chop up the TKO and make a seperate cab for the 15" and have a friend (electrician) take out the power amp so i could use it for my 15" speaker.

Are any of these idea's plausable or am i just mad? :confused:

2. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Sorry to let you down, you are not mad.

It should work well so long as the power amp in the TKO isn't a lot less wattage than the Nitrobass. Just make sure you send the signal to the power amp input; if you plug it into the preamp you'll be sending an already "processed" signal through another pre - no laws against it but sorta defeating the purpose.
  3. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Well the TKO is 75W lol, and there is no power amp input, its a combo with internal wiring. Is this still possible?
  4. The power amp input would be labeled Effect Return if you have one.
  5. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    ok i have that.

So in what order do i connect things?

bass - nitrobass head and then how do i conect my 4x10 cab, is it using the normal output on the rear of the head, or the high out on the cross over. I assume the low out goes into effects return on the TKO.
  6. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    Do not use the speaker output from the back of your nitrobass.

You can use the low crossover output to the effects return of the TKO but you will have 75W to your lows and something like 400W to your highs. I think this is backwards from what you really want. Low freqs need much more power than high freqs. You would be better off going full rang into your 410.

Sell your TKO and buy another 410 or a well rated 115. Just a suggestion.

PS: I didn't know the nitrobass had an active crossover; I thought only the firebass did.

Good Luck,