1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is This Possible?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZoSoIV, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV

Mar 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I was wondering if it is possible to, instead of leaving my giant 300watt combo amp at a friend's house all the time, if I could hook it up to my car audio in the trunk, basically functioning as a giant subwoofer. Is this possible?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Sure...
    Its "possible" to use a combo as a car (or home) stereo speaker cab, but you may not be to impressed with the sound.
    (of course you'd want to verify the ohm compatibility between any power-amp and its speaker load)

It'll work, but It probably wont do your combo much good to be rattling around in the trunks harsh environment
    or being powered by the typical crappy (low-cost/super high-powered) car stereo power-amp.

If you also want to continue to use the combo for playing bass:
    You'd need to have (or install) male/female speaker plugs between the combos amp section and its speaker(s).
    Plus a matching plug for the car.

I modded both my B-100R combos (without drilling any holes)
    with these plugs, to use as cabs with my other (bass-guitar) heads.
    The outer male plug (w/3ft cable) is connected to the speaker.

DSCN0899.