is this right?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ldiezman, Dec 12, 2001.

1. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
  2. geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    I really hope someone ends up explaining this one. I need to know.
  3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Don't have a clue as to how it got that way but according to some luthiers, that headstock would probably work better than the original. Look at the length beyond the nut of the B string. That's an option from Fodera;)
  4. Didn't you know that the reverse headstock trend has returned?...And Ernie Ball was the first company to respond to this overwhelming demand.:D
  5. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Brad, would it really make much of a difference which peg the B-string was attached to? It APPEARS that the the 2 pegs(the B and G) don't have much of a difference in length.
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    hmm.. maybe he took a real Ernie Ball neck and slapped it on an OLP body... then took the OLP neck and stuck it on a real Ray... i mean i highly doubt it... i don't know... its wierd
  7. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    ? The nut-to-peg distance on the B is twice that on the G.
  8. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    lol, a reverse headstock.

9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    It looks like they made the lefty body but only had a right handed neck left over so they chucked that on. Or mabye they were just trying to be "different".:D
  10. Man with those OLP basses out there this could be a tough nut to crack....

I find it funny that the reverse headstock didn't receive so much as a mention in the description. Hell, I would think it would say something like "Special Custom One-of-a-Kind Genuine Collector's Reverse Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 5!!!!!!"
  11. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    I'm thinking that two buddies (one right handed and the other left handed) decided to swap necks. somewhere out there is a righty bass with a lefty neck.
  12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is the most screwed up thing I have seen in several weeks!