Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Is this right?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 1, 2003.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was surfin around and noticed these 2 lakland skylines, 55-01 and 55-02. I always get the 2 mixed up as to which has the bart pickups and preamp in it. I thought it was the 55-02. Hence if Im right it would make it slightly more expensive than the 55-01. But according to this its the 55-01 that has the Bart pickups and preamp and the price even though sale seems too cheap. I am wrong or did they missprint which bass is which in the ad?

55-01 and 55-02

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I think that both models have Barts. The ads look right to me.

4. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    I am pretty sure that they both have barts, but the 55-02 has the same set up including preamp that the US made 55-94 has. The 55-01 has pups and preamp specific to that model and are not quite up to the quality of the US models to help keep the cost down. (I think they are manufactured overseas)

5. 55-01 has the MK1 Bart P/U's. 55-02 has the J/MM bart P/U's and bart Pre.

I've played a 55-01 vs. a 55-02 vs. a Modulus Q5 on a couple occasions (Other basses too, FMT's..etc). And the 55-01 just plain sounds better to me. Of course...this is in a solo situation. I have no idea how it would sit in a band, but I'd think it'd work better than the 55-02...seriously.