Is this so wrong?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by KidNamedFord, Mar 21, 2004.

1. yes

10 vote(s)
  2. no

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidNamedFord

Aug 17, 2003
    Two kids I know (names have been changed to protect the ****ty), ****ty drummer, and ****ty guitarist/even ****tier singer, wanted to start a band. being one of three talented (trust me, im not self glorifying, there is so much ****ty punk here) bass players to ever come from this town, they asked me to play bass and of course i said know because i didnt want to be ****ty. they made this little rule of thumb that goes "bass players are big." so they found another kid, enter ****ty suedo-bass player, equal to my size, and asked him.

note: ****ty suedo-bass player, has never touched a bass in his life.

now, ****ty suedo-bass player of course with his immense amount of zero musical experience, gladly took the offer, and proceded to pull 200 dollars out of his ass to buy his "starter" bass.

note: i spent less than 200 on my first bass AND amp, even with 2 years of piano under my belt.

****ty suedo-bass player's favorite sport is paintball. he sold his gun to buy this bass. he told me he was going to get the bass and showed me via musiciansfriend which one it is. i just smiled and nodded. so he bought the bass and should have it soon.

my question is: is it so wrong of me not to tell him that he needs an amp and cables?

your thoughts?
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    you stole my line :mad:
    but that's ok :)

ps: ****ty thread
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i just made a ****ty in the toilet.
  7. Awww I just stepped in some *****y
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hha you got some *****y on your face!
  9. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
  10. ****ty=crafty?

Think about it...
  11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Good composers don't borrow, they steal!:D
  12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    This thread is like waiting outside to see the neighbor come out of his door, and step in the doodie you left there for him. I'll watch a while.
  13. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  14. i don't know where to start........

What does your piano experience have to do with how much you spent on your bass?

and if you already turned down the band, what do you care who plays with them?

AND why wouldn't you want to help out a fellow bass player? if you're as good as you seem to think you are, he's not going to take any opportunities away from you, anyway. why do you just want to laugh at his ignorance?

why don't you tell him about this site and let someone help him get where he wants to be? that would be the decent thing to do, especially since he's done nothing to you personally here.

he's telling you what bass he's buying (which shows some degree of friendship, or at least acquaintance) and you think it's a bad idea, tell him there are better options out there.

you're withholding information that he can use to do what he wants to do. why? be a nice guy and help out the beginner.
  15. hmmmm, ok. Im pretty sure everyone is thinking the same thing as me, so im just going to say I agree with what every one else is thinking...
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Help him out bro. You were a beginner at one time. Don't be a dork.

17. be mature mate. If you aren't threatened by this guy in some way, why wouldn't you tell him he needs an amp. Also, offer him bass lessons to get him started, a few bucks reward for helping, rather than being anal about it.
  18. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    First off, if you are looking for serious answers, all this ****ty talk will get you nowhere. (obviously)

Why wouldn't you tell him? He is going to be playing in a band that you past up the opportunity to play in. You have made it clear that you have no desire to play with these people. He is just starting out, give him a hand!! I don't understand why you would be this way? Your a bass player, he's trying to be. Always help out another bass player, thats what we do.
  19. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Allright, time for serious answer from me. My friend is starting bass and im doing all i can to help him. Im giving (selling for cheap) him my practice amp and i told him to get an SX bass and he just ordered it. Im going to give him lessons for free as well. Now, anotehr story. My other friend started playing gutiar. He acts liek he knows stuff and he doesnt, and i ddont like to help him. Id rather help someone who asks for help, rather than correct someone whothinks they are right when they are wrong. Also i dont like guitarists very much. :<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.