Is this speaker any good??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassrebelpr, May 18, 2003.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Without more information than given, absolutely no way to tell. IOW I wouldn't buy it based on their listing, that's for sure.
  3. I wouldn't buy a speaker if there are no Thiele/Small parameters to go with it. If it's a 5 bucks driver that looks like the one you posted, I'd buy 32.
  4. It's impossible to tell from a picture and so little specs. With speakers, you usually get what you pay for. Once it's in the box you forget howmuch it costs but you have to listen to it everytime you turn it on. Better get something you know will do a good job.
  5. HannibalSpector

Mar 27, 2002
    Cone looks fairly tough being ridged, and is deep.
    Sensitivity @ 97 , 35 Hz , it's probably a bassy speaker. The voice coils and magnets look like generic parts and it seems cheap. I'd class it as 'bang for buck'. possibly a good cheap alternative or a poor mans EV;)
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'll bet you $10 that it's not doing 97dB at 35Hz. It's more than likely 12dB or more down at that frequency. If they're quoting the "usable frequency range" as 35Hz to 5K, the resonant frequency is more than likely to be somewhere closer 50 or 60 Hz.
  7. HannibalSpector

Mar 27, 2002
    You gambler :D
    Anyhow your 10 bucks is safe , never said/meant it would do 97db @ 35hz;)