1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this Squier a good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Busker, Feb 18, 2008.

1. An excellent deal...for the seller!

2. I'd buy it in a heartbeat...

...If I didn't have a soul.

3. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    I'd buy it just for the suade.

4. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i sent an e-mail asking for pics. i'm curious as to what this guy sees in the Squier to make him ask so much.

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    lmao!

6. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    It does come with a few extras, but... :rolleyes:

I wonder how he/she came up with that price? Surely its WAY more than originally paid? I wasn't aware that Squiers appreciated in value so quickly. I think I'll go out tomorrow and buy up a bunch of $100 Squiers, real quick like. I see $$$$.

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    It’s a bunch of "starter" gear, all going at the same time.

I'm guessing that mommy and daddy bought it all, little Johnny or Suzy never learned to play and really doesn't even know what any of it is worth.

8. I paid about $300 back in 2003 for a Squire Affinity Series P/J Special bass, as well as a Fender 15 watt amp (with eq!!!), 12 or 15 Ft. Monster cable, Soft Shell Gig Bag, Korg Tuner, Learning Book with CD. Mine even came with a Fender Guitar strap!!!

I'm sure prices have gone up in the last 5 years, but that's just a silly price.

9. I saw this ad this morning too and LOL'ed. You would be better off driving to Musician's Friend's outlet and having them pull you a brand new Squier from the back.

10. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

$300 would be pushing it for all that "gear."

11. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    i'd offer him $150. tops

12. I suspect the person added another number zero into the price by mistake.

13. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Here's a data point. The Squier "Get Playing" pack which includes similar stuff. 4 string versus 5 string. Gig bag versus hard case. $299.00 NEW

Here's the link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...ass-Pack-With-Fender-Rumble-15-Amp?sku=513295

Put together you're own pack and add $100 for a Squier 5 string (estimate and a much better bass). Another $50.00 for a hard case (if that is a requirement) and your at about $450.00 NEW. Here's what I mean:

More math. Squier 5 string bass between $200 - $300 depending on the model. Fender Rumble 15 with 3 band equilizer is 129.00. Your now at $329.00 -$429.00. Fender Gig Bag, $29.00. Your now at about $360.00 - $460.00. Other accessories add no more that $100.00 (very generous). This brings you to $460.00 - $560.00 for NEW equipment. Still a couple of hundred dollars below $800.00.

AND....you get the excitment of GASing because you have MANY choices with basses, amps, bags, straps, etc.

I'd show the seller this information, link and offer $150.00 - $200.00 (if after checking out the bass appears to be in good enough shape). Get much past $200.00 and you got to start thinking about new.

One more thing, try a little research. This took me about 15 minutes.

My 2 cents.

14. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    Thanks LuvMusic

I was aware it was vastly overpriced. I only posted here for a chuckle.

15. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    NO

16. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Either my ability to identify sarcasim is weak or my "funny bone" is worn thin tonight.....oh well!! :( Kids will do that to you sometimes.

It is pretty funny! I just hate seeing people being taken advantage of.

17. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
  18. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    alright. pictures are here, but be aware, it's in flash. see for yourself. worth 800? hmmm...