Is this strange?? I always pratice bass and guitar together.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Dec 29, 2005.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    I play more bass than guitar, but I never play bass alone. I record my basslines and then pratice playing guitar over them.

I can't just devote one whole night to bass, or one whole night to guitar. On a night when I play for 2 hours I imagine I spend about 1 hour 20 minutes on bass and the remainder on guitar.

I never just play one the entire night.
  2. It's not strange at all. I know people who can play 5+ types of instruments. Its all about what instrument you feel you want to play and work on more.
  3. ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    I just suck at guitar. I can only strum chords and do a little arpeggios but thats it. I need to practise more to record down some chord progressions and play bass lines on top. Kind of the opposite ;)
  4. tepes22b

Sep 15, 2005
    Maumee, OH
    It's not strange at all. I've been playing both bass and guitar for nearly nine years, and there have been many a night where I couldn't make up my mind so I did both. I tend to lean towards bass these days.
  5. T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    As others have stated, it's not strange at all to practice both instruments, bass and guitar, on the same days.

I usually practice daily the bass and guitar at a 75%/25% ratio, and the piano whenever needed or I feel the urge.