1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this strange?? I always pratice bass and guitar together.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Dec 29, 2005.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Ohio,USA
    I play more bass than guitar, but I never play bass alone. I record my basslines and then pratice playing guitar over them.

I can't just devote one whole night to bass, or one whole night to guitar. On a night when I play for 2 hours I imagine I spend about 1 hour 20 minutes on bass and the remainder on guitar.

I never just play one the entire night.

2. It's not strange at all. I know people who can play 5+ types of instruments. Its all about what instrument you feel you want to play and work on more.

3. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    I just suck at guitar. I can only strum chords and do a little arpeggios but thats it. I need to practise more to record down some chord progressions and play bass lines on top. Kind of the opposite ;)

4. tepes22b

tepes22b

Sep 15, 2005
    Maumee, OH
    It's not strange at all. I've been playing both bass and guitar for nearly nine years, and there have been many a night where I couldn't make up my mind so I did both. I tend to lean towards bass these days.

5. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    As others have stated, it's not strange at all to practice both instruments, bass and guitar, on the same days.

I usually practice daily the bass and guitar at a 75%/25% ratio, and the piano whenever needed or I feel the urge.

Ted