1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is This The Bass Used On Rush's "Power Windows" Album?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by musicman5string, Nov 20, 2006.

1. musicman5string

musicman5string Inactive

Jan 17, 2006
    http://www4.cs.fau.de/~koesters/Privat/Wal/walpics/W2174.jpg

It's well known that Geddy Lee used producer Peter Collins' Wal to record their 1985 album "Power Windows". I've never actually seen a pic of it since Geddy had his black Wal made for him in 1986. This one is registered to Peter Collins and was built in 1983. Specs are:

fretted Indian Rosewood
    (4 strings, 21 frets)
    Birdseye Maple Facings
    Ash Core
    Sunburst
    (MkI)

2. bbocaner

bbocaner

Aug 17, 2005
    Herndon, VA
    different pete collins.

3. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    IIRC, Geddy did use a Wal on Power Windows, but I believe it was the clear finish over the maple, not the sunburst.

4. Gegatso

Gegatso

Jan 16, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Yup. I cant remember but it may have been natural wood as well b/c Ged got the black Wal with a gloss finish b/c he thought it made the bass brighter still (reflecting the sound) in his words.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Regardless of the particular Wal used, it's fair to say that the tones Geddy got while using Wal basses were simply out of this world. Maybe on the next record...