Is this the next wishbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Ok, what is this?

The thing apparently has a pickup, but no knobs. I have no idea how you are supposed to control volume apart from playing harder or softer. As for the woods....well... I think the neck (main plank?) is made of ironbark. My mate has an outdoor table made of ironbark, it isn't huge (it seats 8 people) but it weighs over 2000 lbs! That would make for one HEAVY bass.

I'm thinking maybe it should say 'wshbass' on the headstock... what do you think?
  2. I think that price is insane too.
  3. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I think it's pretty. But the name on the headstock looks like it was gouged in by pirates... :p
  4. Foo-O-Matic

Aug 10, 2004
    it's too "fretted" to be a wishbass :p
  5. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I'd buy it just to take to a taxidermist and get a flying squirrel skin stretched over the body, with the head at the bridge end.

As for the pup with no knobs, it's actually more common than you think, and is how Stew McKinsey prefers his basses. Wide open volume and no tone circuit at all, the ultimate in "natural sound".

And I used to have a fretted wishbass, too.
  6. {OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    No disrespect intended, but, aaccckkkkk!!!! That body shape is fugly!!!!!! :eyebrow:

I like the fact there are no knobs as I dont have any need for them and dont use the ones on my bass now.
  7. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    The body reminds me of the Cingular logo.
  8. I think the 'builder' tried to copy a Ric & lost count of the horns, adding 2 for good measure...
  9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

beat me too it...
  10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Not to mention Anthony Jackson. ;)
  11. CRAZY! looks like someone made it out of their kitchen table!

Anyway, I dont see the pickups anywhere and no adjustment knobs. Personally i think the style is horrible... thus the kitchen table effect. And if you notice on the back end of the body it looks like there are two nobs to hold a body strap...

it deserves an F-

Whos going to pay 1.5k for it?
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If it has a piezo pickup it would need a preamp though to get the signal to the right levels.
  13. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd prefer a Wishbass. IMO, that looks more stupid than ugly.
  14. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I like the look, and the two strap buttons is quite common in fact, getting the guitar to balance in two places.

Not me, thats for sure, maybe if they divided it by 10 though, it LOOKS pretty well made.

PS- I dont use the controls on my bass either.
  15. I think it would make a great oar for canoeing!!!! and once you set up camp you could just chuck it on the fire for kindling.

Thats it the ulimate survival bass. Carve some arrows and use the E to bring down big prey and the G for small birds and rabbits. I think you could even use it as a spade to dig for water. Heck you could paddel out on the ocean like a surf board and catch fish.

I'm bidding on it and taking it with me as my one personal item if I get on next seasons Survivor ;)
  16. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Fretted neck plus straight, un-intonatable, not even slanted bridge equals intonation problems.
  17. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Kinda looks like someone ran over a ric...
  18. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Dude that looks like ****!
  19. i think its pretty damn sexy...kinda near me too..might have to contact them and see about making me a custom jazz :D
  20. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Makes me sad to be Australian! :D