1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this the way to go?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cjlane, May 1, 2009.

1. Hello. I'm a bass player from Australia and I recently sold one of my basses for $257 AUD and have my bass amp on $150 AUD at the moment. So after that particular bass and my only amp is gone, I'll need another one.

My bass amp that I'm selling is a Fender Rumble 15, which leaves a lot to be desired. I'm only after a practice combo for my bedroom in my apartment. I was looking at the Roland Bass Cube amplifiers and I have played it in real life and it's pretty good, I like it, but it's the only one I can really try at the music store. Are there any other easily-accessible amplifiers that I should try out? If the Roland Cube is a good choice, how many watts would be a good choice for my situation? Thanks in advance.

Oh also, I don't know if this is asked as much with bass amplifiers as it is with guitar amplifiers but the genres I like are mostly metal, grunge, most rock genres (from classic to modern).

2. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    I've heard good things about the Roland cube. As far as a practice amp i don't think the style you play matters much

3. dog1

dog1

Dec 30, 2008
    Indiana
    +1

4. I think the cube is overpriced, with too many useless features. I would rather get an ashdown combo. I also like the look of the line 6 75 watt 10" combo.

5. bewater

bewater

Nov 18, 2006
    Barcelona (Spain)
    IMHO ... the most appropiate device to practice at home is the Tascam CD-BT1 or the new one for MP3 files (I believe MP-BT1). Or some device like that. You can play over the music, listen the Bass very well, also you can slow down, change the tune, etc, etc.

In addition is really a cheap solution, with really great sound quality and you'll be sure other people at home wont be annoyed by the "noise".

I own one of these since 3 years ago and, let me say is one of the best purchases I ever made.

You can find easy one of these on eBay :ninja: