1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this too much dirt (Pssst how do I put this in a good order)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lovefist, Jan 4, 2012.

1. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    I have six pedals and was wondering if it was weird to have two distortions plus an overdrive.

So far it's Boss TU-2, Boss OC-2, Fuzzrocious Dark Driving, BYOC Wah, Dwarfcraft Hair of the Dog, and a Dwarfcraft Spectacular Aneima. I put the wah and at the end and wasn't digging it that much. Any tips peeps?

2. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    No way dude.
    I have I have four different fuzz/distortion/overdrive pedals all mixed up in my board.
    I like the way some distortion acts on already existing distortion coming into it.

It's nice to have dirt in front and behind wah, and other effects, to get the best of both worlds. it's an easy way to solve the before or after question, go with both.

3. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    On my board I have a Gnomertron VTF,a Fuzzrocious Rat TAil,Fuzzrocious Grey Stache,a Bass Big Muff(that rotates out with other effects) and then those get fed into a VT Deluxe(with a little grit dialed in).

I have a bunch more dirt/OD and fuzz pedals off my board. If you like it,there`s nothing wrong with having different types of dirt!!

On the wah: I have a Morly wah(modded by Ry of Fuzzrocious) and I placed it after my fuzz boxes. There it sounded the best to me. But it doesnt really matter,it`s up to you!

4. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    haha the BYOC came from Ryan, I'm working on getting another pedal once I get the cash