Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

is this warwick really worth it? wierd warwich

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGrowl, Aug 2, 2001.

1. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    lol, i was searching for a warwich when i came across this wierd looking warwick, ive never seen one off these, its a warwick dolphin it, doesnt have much info on it, http://www.gbase.com/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=249779
    check it out and tell me if its worth it or not. (i wasnt planning on buying it, i was just wondering what you guys thought about it)

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Dolphins are a different breed, but they are one of the finest Warwicks made, along with the Thumb neck through, the Streamer Stage I and the Streamer Stage II.

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    AWSOME bass my friend! Try before you buy because it is kinda diff! But god i love them!

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    oh man, that's a smokin price too.

go play it, you'll know why it's the "top of the line" warwick.

and it's even got the rosewood body!!! DROOOOL!

jason

5. Great bass indeed, I´ve tried it and it´s really well balanced, something that the Thumbs aren´t

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Dolphins sound so good... but IMO i think the body is ugly.. but hey you can't go on looks...

7. The description says the body is all rosewood. Is that a typo bcuz I've never heard of any bass being made of solid rosewood and I thought Dolphins came in Ovangkol and the earlier ones in Boire.

8. belair - boire is a kind of rosewood, if i'm not mistaken.

9. Yeah that´s right, but nowadays they come in Ovangkol

10. Oh thanks. You can tell I'm not big on exotic woods.

11. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel