Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IS this wireless worth the money?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Since I couldn't think of anything for Chrimbo, my dad suggested a wireless system, and I decided it would be pretty dang cool.

So, this is the best I;ve on ebay from my end of the pond:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7266&item=3770234462&rd=1

is it worth the money? Should I just keep searching in January?

I'll be shopping for others & to check out these things tomorrow, I'll take a note of any other wireless systems that catch my eye and get back to ya's.

any input, is muchly appreciated, also, if anyone has any links to better systems online, that'd be great! (even if it's int he US, they have to ship to the UK tho!)

happy hols! <3 :smug:

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Wireless is only worth if if you spend the money. Don't go cheap; you'll regret is. Don't get a VHF system unless you live way out in the country and don't plan on gigging unless it's a concert for the cows. UHF systems are much less prone to interference. Get one of those.

3. thx Ben. :smug:

i have a friend who uses a lower psec shure for gigs, he says hes never had any troubles with it... I'll keep looking for UHF tho! cheers!

4. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Micro - My Samson Airline that I have for sale is UHF... $175 USD shipped (well, maybe add a few bucks for UK shipping, but it's a steal in UKP!)

=0)
    Dave

5. The wireless you are looking at on ebay has the same receiver that my pastor uses at the church for his lav mic. No problems within about 15 feet (on stage with him). But we did have problems with signal drop out when the receiver was at the back of the room with the sound board. I'm not sure on the distance, Probably at least 20 meters.