1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this worth messing with?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Buslady7803, Apr 21, 2010.

1. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    Run away.

Yes, the neck could be professionally repaired but it would be cost prohibitive and you could invest your money in far more worthwhile projects.

2. Okeedokee!

3. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    If I had to buy a bass cheap I would try to fix it myself. Depends on what if goes for - bid now is $13. Looks to be a easy fix. I would not buy it if I had to get a pro to repair.

4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I'd tackle the repair in at NY minute, but I don't want a Warwick.

5. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    "Is it worth it?" I don't know... depends on if you want professional repair or DIY repair and how good of a result you are expecting.
    If it was me, I would inject wood glue mixed with water into the crack via syringe and then clamp it all together and let it dry, then refinish the neck. That is, I would try it if I could get it for like $25 with the understanding that the experiment could fail.

6. I dunno might not bother but my teacher might be able to fix it. eh...i should just save my pennies for what I really want

might be fun to attempt to fix though hehe