1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this worth the price tag

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BooHead, Apr 26, 2010.

1. BooHead

BooHead

Oct 12, 2009
  2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
  3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    No, you can get the upgraded version with humbucker pups for $650 new from online stores.

4. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    I wouldn't buy it, but that's just me.

5. Maybe for 1/2 of the 850. Jackson resale = very poor. Pointy headstocks in general resale = very poor. IMO it's overpriced.

6. queevil

queevil

Aug 6, 2009
    Waco,TX
    Seems kinda high to me.

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    I wouldn't pay that much for that bass ... but it does look cool.

8. idk i wont pay more than 350$ if i had the money

9. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Wait around for TB user amimbari...he knows much about Jacksons, I bet he'll know what it's worth.

10. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I don't scan too many posts with titles that don't have "jackson" in them, but KramerBassFan said it was here, so I'm here :)

#1 that guy is on C.R.A.C.K
    #2 if it was 350.00, I would have already bought it and you would have had no chance :)
    #3 I just sold 3 of mine on ebay last week, ya should have picked up one of them, since all I wanted was a couple hundred.
    #4 you still looking? -- I have more :eek:

#5 asking opinions of non-jackson fans about a jackson is the same as asking me about a fender....150,000 threads and people will say the same thing "to each his own"

11. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    if I was "looking" for a nice jackson, I would bypass all the 4stringers and find one of "these">>

P1010092.
    BUT, if a 4stringer is what you want, the old USA or MIJ models are equally as nice, the older MIJ models are never that expensive, and with the ones that I have I never had a bad TR issue, a neckbow issue, a hardware issue...nothing, just string it up and beat it up......:D

12. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    if your in for a 4stringer, here's one for 100 bucks. A nice Eliminator-4 active p/j.
    boryCXo0G0qkbesv2XQRzQ.
    CHARVEL BASS
    $99.98

Call or visit this location:
    6900 O Street
    Lincoln, NE 68510
    Phone: 402-466-5550
    [​IMG]

I'll give it 2 days, if it is still there on Thursday, I'm gonna buy it so act quick!!!

13. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Don't forget I have first dibs on the TBX ;)

14. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    from l.o.n.g ago, I'll never forget you :)

( provided I find a lefty first that fits the bill ) I would love to own a Concert XL within reason on the price, just to play it for a while and see what I have been missing like the one on EBAY, but I have so many of these things that sound and feel the same, If I never find one, I won't be at a loss :D

Tbird1958(mark) bought the greensparkle TBX from another TB'er who bought it from bassN.W. when it was available. I NEVER thought a die-hard Gibby fan would praise a Jackson as he did..Makes ME feel good that I see someone else who never played a Jackson before commenting positively on a brand he never had, especially comparing it to his fantastic Gibsons !!!