ISB Convention

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by oldsaw, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Are any of you musical intellectuals attending? Has anyone been to a previous convention?

2. I'll be there. I'm scheduled to perform Fri. 4/8 @ 2:00pm w/ Vattel Cherry's bassrespanse.
    I haven't previously attended a convention.
  3. I sincerely wish I could be there this year. The first one I attended was in '91 in New York, and I got to meet and take classes from- Todd Coolman, David Walter, Rufus Reid, Jeff Bradetich,Thomas Martin
    and David Gage,among others. And then some young Kid named Edgar Meyer came in and just blew everybody away! What an experience, not to mention the mass Concert of over 100 DBer's outside Lincoln Center! The next one I went to was the one in Mittenwald, and I got to meet some of the Best players on the European Scene. If you're going this year, I'm green with envy!
  4. I will be there, hopefully for the full week. Jim Clute is coming with me (my teacher) and he doesn't seem thrilled to stay for the duration. I may send him back on a plane if he gives me to much grief. I am really looking forward to it though I am worried about information overload.