1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ISB Orchestral Competition

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by JeremyKurtz, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Hi Everyone,

Chris ok'd me posting this announcement here, since it is most likely of interest to many people following this part of the forum.

The ISB Orchestral Competition will be taking place on June 8 at the ISB convention at Penn State this year. The application deadline just got extended to May 1, but that's still coming up pretty soon, so I wanted to make sure everyone heard about this.

We have a stellar lineup of judges--and all contestants will get comments from them:
    Maximilian Dimoff, principal bass, Cleveland Orchestra
    Tobias Gloeckler, assistant principal bass, Dresden Philharmonic
    Harold Robinson, principal bass, Philadelphia Orchestra
    Jeff Turner, principal bass, Pittsburgh Symphony
    plus one more, TBA

The competition will be in two rounds. Since so many people have studied or played for at least one of the judges, we have decided to do the entire competition behind a screen, so as to be as impartial as possible.

And the best part: the 1st prize this year is One Paid Week with the Philadelphia Orchestra (plus a bow by Carbow.) 2nd and 3rd place winners get a cash prize.

You must be age 19-30 (inclusive) to compete, and not be (or have been) a member of an ICSOM orchestra.

More info at:
    http://www.isbworldoffice.com/competitions/Entry Form.pdf

-Jeremy

2. Hi Everyone,

just an update on the judge lineup:

Maximilian Dimoff, principal bass, Cleveland Orchestra
    Tobias Gloeckler, assistant principal bass, Dresden Philharmonic
    Leigh Mesh, associate principal bass, Metropolitan Opera Orchestra
    Harold Robinson, principal bass, Philadelphia Orchestra
    Jeff Turner, principal bass, Pittsburgh Symphony

I fully expect all talkbass members (Prof. Slinky included) to come and represent :bassist: