1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ISIS - In The Absence of Truth

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nad, Nov 8, 2006.

1. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    B000I2K9JW.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39823082_.jpg

Pretty solid album that is taking its time warming up to me, but there are some real moments of brilliance during the first half, as well as some great basswork throughout as per usual. Odds are I'll be enjoying this one more than Panopticon, but not as much as Oceanic. I still need to traipse through their back catalogue as well...

Oh yes and I simply must point out the AMG review, the last line in particular:
    :bassist:

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Sweet. I love Isis. Seems like Panopticon just came out...Thanks for the review I'll definitely be checking it out.

I've mention this band before, but anyone into Isis should check out Cult of Luna. Awesome atmosperic droney doom stuff very similar in feel to Isis.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know why, but everytime I get in the mood to listen to Isis.... I listen to Yob.

4. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    ISIS ISIS! RA RA RA!

i'm sorry. i couldn't help myself.

5. ISIS is amazing. This new record is just a natural progression for these guys and I can't wait to see where they go next.

Cult of Luna is amazing as well. A little more atmospheric than ISIS, but that's not a bad thing.

6. i play the heck out of oceanic! love that. got lucky seeing them open for tool a few months ago. i'll need to pick up the new one. and that is a great line from the AMG review.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Red Sparrows > ISIS

8. rwelcome

rwelcome

Jan 26, 2005
    Jeff Caxide of ISIS is in the Jan edition of Bass Guitar Magazine, it's a good read. I love Holy Tears, and Garden of Light. Killer Rythem section. I think the new album is quite solid.

9. bloodline462

bloodline462

Jul 20, 2006
    Mass
    They opened for tool when i saw them in hartford. i wasnt really impressed, everything sounds way to similar, and they kept doing the same stage motions over and over (like the bassist bent way back, then headbanged forward fast, then back again) and that made it seem like 30 mins of the same song. tool obviously blew them away. i dunno just my opinion cuz i usually like wierd bands like that. not much variety.

10. I saw them on their own tour and they ****ing kicked ass. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

11. i'm a hardcore isis fan but i just can't get into that new cd. maybe it's the vocals, i dunno.

12. stitchbass

stitchbass

May 20, 2006
    Virginia Water
    im still undecided about this one, I really loved it at first but I find myself not getting into it as much now. It's a strange one, I can't put my finger on it. Without a doubt one of the best albums of 2006 though.

13. Amenra

Amenra

Dec 18, 2006
    i like. but it's not as good as oceanic. And as mentioned earlier: try out Cult of Luna, really great stuff or Amen Ra ofcourse wich is even a bit heavier than Isis. Heck, I almost sh*t my pants when i saw them live. They built up really long and then suddenly all hell breaks loose; it's scary :)