isn't motley crue....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by barroso, Jun 26, 2002.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    isn't tha album titled Motley Crue the best album by Motley Crue? i am listening to this album a lot and i really really like it. and i thinkk that for a 1994 album it sounds so honest and modern. very similar to what Godsmack are doing nowadays. which is your comment??
  2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    John Corabi was dah man. He get's a lot of S*** just because he took Vince's place. Oh well, I guess the Vince Neil line up will always be the classic. Just how Peter, Ace, Paul and Gene will always be the classic Kiss line up.
  3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Well, I'm not up on all of my Crue facts and figures, but I don't think a Motley Crue release can be considered their best work, unless it includes Nikki, Mick, Tommy and Vince. That's kinda like saying that Black Sabbath was better with RJD than it was with Ozzy Osbourne, or that the Steve Augeri Journey is better than the Steve Perry Journey.
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    that's true but the last 2 albums with vince sounds nothing that good. both generation swine and new tattoo are nothing compared to Motley Crue.

Union is the band where now john is wasting is immense talent... he deserves a lot better!
  5. * to self *
    I can't believe that I am about to take part in a discussion about Motley Crue

Anyway - Nothing Crue has done compares to Girls, Girls, Girls. That was when Tommy was really driving the band, and everyone knows that HE is what defined Motley Crue. Listen to 'Wild Side' and you realize that they were at their peak.

Having said that, that's not quite the peak that I would dream of getting to, but for the time of that album they were really driving it home.

Later -
  6. Smoke the Sky is one of the heaviest songs ever written!

7. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I didn't care for the COrabi album that much, although it's not bad.

I think DIO era Sabbath kills anything Ozzy ever did with them.

Augeri is a good singer and the perfect replacement. I wish Journey would have gotten some balls and found someone unlike Perry. I commend Maiden for getting Blaze, even though he was horrible.
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    you are right.

smoke the sky kicks!!!

i love hooligan's holiday too. this cd is really good modern rock music.
  9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    My point was that it's hard to beat the original. You obviously have a different opinion on that subject. ;)

Vince Neil is as much a part of the Crue as Nikki Sixx (don't forget -- it is his band).