Isn't this just the coolest thing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geshel, Sep 7, 2002.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Look how the grain lines up between the padauk body and the ebony top on my bass - I hadn't been able to get a good picture of it until now. Especially under the lower horn. I can't comprehend how Pete could have done this intentionally - just a happy accident! :) a cool one though.

2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you and your damn twin winckies! you suck! hee hee

that is pretty cool, though...pete really turns out some first rate basses....sound good, too
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    freaky :eek: At first look, I thought it was different colored stains or dyes.

Those are two different pieces of wood? Yikes! the book-matching job Mr. A did on #272 :rolleyes:

4. Very cool! Great work by Mr. H!

Good picture - nice job!
  5. I wouldn't go out in the next thunderstorm. There's probably a better chance that you'll get hit by lightening than having the grains of two different woods line up like that. :D

Either that or it's a good time to buy a lottery ticket.
  6. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Thats not possible... no really. it's not.
  8. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    For some of you, it must be very hard to just simply pick up the bass and play it. You must spend hours in some kind of trance, looking at wood grain. This all has gotten out of hand!
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000

10. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    The only thing that makes that funny, is the fact that its is sad...but still, good call!

Hows this for some "weird" grain? :cool:

11. So, what's your real point?

BTW, the lower edge of the bridge on the bass in the pic doesn't line up with the glue joint of the center stripe. The first knob (volume?) is obviously not in the same orientation as the other 4. The rearmost switch has been installed at a slightly different vertical angle than the front switch. You've got a nice figured top in either a satin poly finish or a natural oiled version. The intonation on the G string is slightly flat. And finally, if you look closely, you'll see in the figuring the unmistakable likeness of St. Stephen being stoned by the Romans with the apostle Paul standing off to the side in desperate prayer. :D
  12. Don't drop it out in the woods. You'll never find it again!
  13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    :D :D

You noticed that stuff too?? I thought maybe I was seeing things.
  14. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    C'mon Geshel, tell the truth. You did that with a Sharpie, now didn't ya?