Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Isn't this Sadowsky beautiful???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by simongpaez, Jan 10, 2006.

1. I don't even want to ask the price for this baby , but is a beautiful bass!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Very nice. A classic look.

3. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Color me unimpressed, I very much prefer their vintage-style basses, their "modern" ones look too plain for my tastes.

4. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    If I'm not mistaken, that particular bass weighs only 7.5 lbs too! Maybe it's cause I'm gettin' kind of old (had back surgery in 2000), but I like a lightweight bass.

For the love of Mike, somebody please buy that thing quick! The GAS attack it's causing killing me!!!

5. Bland as hell.

Sorry.

I mean... wait... not sorry ^_^;;

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Not a fan. At least not for the aesthetics, anyway.

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I have never seen a five string jazz shaped bass that looks right. That said, if I buy another 4 string jazz it will be a Sadowsky.

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Not bad but nowhere near as cool as Fuzzbass' black 5 string Sadowsky P.

9. TheMightyQuinn

TheMightyQuinn

Dec 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    I'd dig it more if it had a pickguard.

10. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I'd like the looks if it had an ebony board and black headstock. :smug:

Marshall

11. slap a red tort PG on there and we're talking.

I'm with the guy who said he doesn't like the looks of the modern. I'm with him, except I DO like the modern double-soaps. I just think a P, P/J, or JJ in the classic body shape, should have a pickguard. And red tort looks SOOOO good on black (so does white perloid, so does black perloid)

now...that's enough time wasted on this sadowsky...I can't afford one at the present time (anyone need a kidney???)

12. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh.

If I were buying, it would need chrome hardware, or block inlays--but, not both.

13. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Love it. Then again, I love all his basses and guitars

Rob

14. It looks like a $100 Ibanez.

15. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Shape=Good.

Just black=meh.

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    wow,

roger's doing PJ modern 24's?!

nice!

17. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Truly sexual. Brings a sleekified look to the vintage jazz shape.

18. That sprung to my mind too. To each of his own of course, nothing special caughts my eyes on that bass. But then again, just the right name on the headstock can make any bass beautiful, I guess.

It´s funny, if someone posted a thread named "Check out this awesome sunburst Squier Jazz, beautiful!1!" no one would answer. But if I was about an exactly similar (in appearance) Sadowsky, the thread would be filled with "OMG, GAS!!!", "Gorgeous", "Most beautiful J I´ve ever seen!", "I don´t know how Roger does it!"

Of course there are many, many truly unique-looking Sadowskys out there, like Major Metal´s stunning green one. But the truth is, many of Roger´s basses are just plain old J´s (again, talking just about the appearance) in colors and finishes we´ve seen hundreds of times before. And nothing wrong with that, many players like classic looks so he provides them. But it´s funny how people act like Roger re-invented the wheel every time a picture of his basses is posted...

Im sure I´ll get flamed for this, but hey, I just feel like a bad boy today ;)

19. [​IMG]

WOW.

AMAZING!

Fender R&D must be working over-time.

20. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    What he said.