1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ISO 12" cabinet plans

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassjack51, Dec 12, 2018.

1. bassjack51

bassjack51 Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2012
    California
    Hi All,

I play thru a GK MB500 in to either a Dr. Bass single 12" or a GK Neo 4x10. Honestly I like the single 12 much better and it's so much easier to transport.

I'd like to add another 12" box and jettison the 4x10, but the Dr. Bass is a 4 ohm cab so I just can't add another one.

So that puts me in search of plans to build two 12" 8 ohm cabs. Anyone have any suggestions of what's out there, or cabinets you've built? I once built two TL606 15" that were great back in the day. I don't know/can't find any TL type plans for 12"ers tho.

Any input is much appreciated.

Jack

2. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

TL806

3. Rick James

Rick James

Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    ctmullins likes this.
  4. What he said. Absolutely.

5. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

6. bassjack51

bassjack51 Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2012
    California
    Thanks for the replies! Boy, that TL806 is tempting...however, those cab plans are built around an EV EVM12L and would appear to be best suited to six string applications. I don't see any mention of a EVM 12B. I know they have each in the 15 inch speakers. Has anyone actually seen one used in a bass system?

7. You're right that the EVM-12L is not a good bass driver. The box itself represents the usual trade-off between size and LF response. I concurred with Mr. Dallman's recommendation because that is about the smallest box you can build that gives reasonable bass response with a 12" driver. Do you have a specific driver in mind? The resonant frequency of the enclosure can be tailored somewhat by adjusting the duct length.