ISO Blue Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Piggy8692, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Piggy8692

Piggy8692

Oct 2, 2010
    Northern Utah
    I'm hoping to pool some knowledge together to help me find my new bass(es).

I'm looking for a transparent blue finish, 4 string jazz with maple neck. I found the Fender Sandblasted and the Essex (SX) Ursa. The Fender goes for 999 USD and the SX is 175.

Does anyone know of someone who makes something similar at an in-betweenish price?

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Bacchus makes two.
    This one is $1,200 new but I've seen them go for as low as $800...the quality cannot be beat. Do a search for Bacchus and read what owners have to say.
    259e5oi.png
    This one is $650 new but it's an oil-stained finish. Comes In red, black and walnut, too.
    2jcbpzq.png
    I've seen them with maple fretboards, too, but I can't find one for sale right now.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I went the Warmoth route when I wanted a blue Jazz.

Jazz-Overall.jpg

Jazz-Body.jpg

4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Wow, that's one hell of a finish!

5. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Metallic Lake Placid Blue

jd56hawk likes this.
  6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Would a trans-blueburst be acceptable? If so, how does assembling your own parts-bass grab you? I got this beauty from Mighty Mite via Guitar Center. That I was able to apply a coupon code to chip a bit more off the price didn't hurt neither. ;)

ProjektBlue03_zps7d4a1dfe.jpg
    ProjektBlue04_zpscaf8d716.jpg

jd56hawk likes this.
  7. Piggy8692

Piggy8692

Oct 2, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Those are some nice looking basses! The Bacchus sites seem a little confusing. I think that Carvin might have some cool options. Keeping the price where I need it may not happen though.

8. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Does that EVER happen in the world of bass buying?

9. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Nope.

IMGP2723a.jpg

10. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I have deep, bubbling gas for that sandblasted blue jazz. Especially considering there's no routing so it can go pickguardless.

Wawaweewa
    image.jpeg

Malak the Mad and Bufalo like this.
  11. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Blue jazz. Brice Douglas. Great bass. Not sure why Rondo stopped selling them.

Attached Files:

12. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Parts bass: I found a blue burst P body for like, $80 on eBay and hooked it up.

13. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    OMG! I never knew that existed! I'm guessing that sales dropped and most people bought the SX jazz instead. But from my experiences with Brice:

IMGP1906.jpg

I would have gotten one... or more!

BassikLee likes this.
  14. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    The blue one is/was alder and rosewood. Sadly, don't own it anymore. She wore flats, and was my "vintage" bass. This one is her sister, swamp ash/maple. I put barts in her. Rounds. I really really like this bass.

Attached Files:

15. Dabbler just up from the department redundancy department. Dabbler do you play the blues much? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021