Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ISO Carvin bass info

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TK65, Mar 3, 2003.

1. TK65

TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    Hey gang, as I may have mentioned over in the basses thread awhile back, I'm looking for any and all Carvin bass info to ad to my site, the Carvin Bass Museum. Specifically, I need catalog scans from 1962, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1969, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1980 & 1981, as well as any old Carvin adverts, personal photos of your Carvin basses, etc. So far, I have data and images from 32 years of Carvin basses, as well as photos and descriptions of over 100 privately owned basses.

Of course, anyone who can submit anything will get full credit, linkage, whatever you like.

My goal is to have the most complete single source for information on Carvin basses. Alot of people have helped on this project, but any additional help would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I don't have any info to add, but I just want to say that I really love your site. I've wanted a Carvin since I was 15 years. I'll hopefully be buying my first, sometime within this year.

Greatly appreciate that you give us Carvin lovers a great resource.

3. john b carvalho

john b carvalho Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2001
    Kaneohe,Hawaii
    I have a catalog from 1973 ( and also a 72') in fairly good condition.I could either send it to you or scan it.

Aloha

4. TK65

TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    Hey John, scanning just the bass pages would be great! I don't want to put you out by mailing the thing to me (unless you want to). The scans can be big, rough, etc. Don't worry about them being straight, or cropping or anything - I can handle that.

Thanks very much!

BTW, I used to live in Kailua; worked at the Federal Building on Ala Moana - sure wish I was there now!

5. john b carvalho

john b carvalho Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2001
    Kaneohe,Hawaii
    Aloha TK,

Where about's did you live in Kailua,thats actually where I grew up.Do want just the pages with the basses only scanned,or any bass related info also.

John

6. TK65

TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    If my fading memory serves me correctly, it was Makau Street. Didn't stay in Kailua long, was in Waikiki (first on Kuhio, then on Kalakaua) most of the time, then Ka Kai Hale (Red Hill/Alimanu), then Bishop Street (Executive Center). I'd settle for any of them right now - heck, I'd settle for a hut in back of Hamburger Mary's!

Just the bass pages and the cover will be cool, unless you think there's something else of interest to be seen. Mahalo!