Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ISO: Fender MIA P & 62 Reissue Pup Specs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by degroove, Mar 5, 2003.

1. degroove

degroove

Jun 5, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    I am thinking about possibly changing my current pickup (97 MIA P-Bass).

I was wondering if anyone had a link to specs on fender bass pickups, especially their stock MIA and the 62 Reissue for P.

I already checked Mr. Gearhead to no avail.:bawl:

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!

Matt

2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    All I can tell you is that the current MIA is "vintage" spec. and is one of the best I've heard.

3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    All I can tell you is that the current MIA is "vintage" spec. and is one of the best I've heard.
    Your 97 WILL HAVE that spec of pickup - why change it?

4. degroove

degroove

Jun 5, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    See - I had no idea about what type of pickup I already had so that I could then figure out what I want.

If the MIA P is vintage specs, then there is no need for a pickup change.

Thanks for saving me time, money, and a big headache!

Can anyone second what he is saying?

5. Ole Man Blues

Ole Man Blues

Jul 8, 2006
    The PUPS they have put in these Fender American Standard P Basses are the BEST P Bass PUPS on the planet. I also have an American Standard P Bass '97 and love the PUPS. Hugh low end and plenty of Punch. No change needed, just plenty of practice, and maybe an amp chnage will help your overall tone..........Leo Fender got it right the 1st time with these P Basses...........:bassist:

OMB

6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I used to have a '95 and though the stock P was one of the best rock pickups I'd ever heard. What are you looking to get out of the change?

7. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    I recently put a vintage p pickup into my 97 MIA P. It sounds better, while the other pickup sounded good, there was always something that irked me about it. I put in the new one and instantly noticed a difference. It catches a more of the low end and gives a phatter sound in my opinion.