ISO Liteweight medium output poweramps...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gnobility, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Gnobility

Aug 13, 2003
    My back tells me it's time to dump my QSC RMX-1450 poweramp in favor of one of the newer, lightweight amps. I play in coupe of a fairly low-volume groups - the highest I ever wound the RMX-1450 was maybe 10:00 on the volumes.

Is the QSC PLX 1202 the best bang-for-the buck in a lighter amp in this horsepower class, or are there lower cost poweramps out there now?

2. Gnobility

Aug 13, 2003
    Thanks Tritone...can you recommend a retailer?

3. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Let's try these for a start:
    Reliable, easy to deal with, but more expensive
    Never dealt with them, but it's a good price
    They seem to have a good rep, good price

There's a bunch of other places that sell them (I searched on the net for "soundtech ps-802), but AMS is the only place I've personally dealt with... :meh:

I forgot to mention the Peavey DPX-1400. 1 rack and weighs something like 15 pounds. Generally over $1000, though.... :(
  4. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    hmm, they must have dropped the prices on the soundtech. i'm sure ams will match the price listed on those other 2 sites, i think they have a price match guarantee.
  5. Yes, they do. And you can use the 3 payment feature if you don't want to spend it all at once.
  6. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Keep in mind, that soundtech only bridges to 8 ohms. I was looking at one for a bit, but that fact turned me off it.