1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Isolate bass videos

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by wiscoaster, May 3, 2021 at 12:02 PM.

1. wiscoaster

wiscoaster

Mar 28, 2021
    Wisconsin
    This post is for other aging bass newbies like myself. I just discovered these videos on YouTube. Videos of live bass performances by rock bands of our youth, with the band's bass player's performance and audio output isolated. Listening to the original recordings of some of these songs one doesn't really appreciate the skill and musicianship of some of these bands' bassists. Watching the video with their contributions isolated shows how amazing they were. For example, John Entwhistle of the Who, who performed quietly standing in the background, doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=john+entwistle+isolated+bass

furym likes this.
  2. Mark from Boston

Mark from Boston

Dec 20, 2014
    Wilton Felder -- "I Want You Back." Been working on getting this right and funky for months.

3. Jeff Hughes

Jeff Hughes

May 3, 2020
    I have used these from time to time to learn some parts. One of the things I notice sometimes is the relative sloppiness of parts when you don’t have the rest of the mix. It is as if the bassist heard something in the track that required them to anticipate or lay back on a note to make it sound right.

It is also cool to hear the sound of the bass beyond the notes. You can almost hear the fretboard rattle or buzz or when they mute a note.

Mistakes are fun to hear too.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021