1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Isolated Bass Lines

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Deacon_Lace, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Deacon_Lace

Deacon_Lace

Jul 31, 2012
    I found this on youtube for an STP song I have to cover. I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this to a song so you just hear the rhythm section. it was very helpful.

Thanks,

Deacon

2. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    Robert DeLeo is, IMHO, one of the most underrated bass players ever. He reminds me of a a rock-n-roll James Jamerson.

3. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    I think a lot of these isolated instrumental tracks that are floating around YouTube come from games like Guitar Hero. Can anyone confirm this?

4. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    This most likely was ripped from a Guitar Hero game. There are lots of songs where people isolated the tracks like this from the games, but there is no software that lets you just isolate instruments in any song you download.

5. fbny71

fbny71 Supporting Member

May 28, 2010
    West Hempstead, NY
    +1 he always puts together some really fluid and musical lines. Way underrated IMHO.

6. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Yup, +1 here too.

OT: Does anyone know what he used to record their 1st record? Did he use his Schecter? Great tone.

More to the point, wouldn't a karaoke type thing work? Doesn't that just take the sound that is panned in the middle and remove it? IDK...