Isolating mid freq’s with BBE BMAX?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hoyt, May 8, 2019.

1. Hoyt

Hoyt

Jun 29, 2006
    Saint Charles, IL.
    I’m really satisfied with my BMAX>Crest Prolite 2.0>Greenboy F212 setup for bass guitar. Plenty of headroom and more power than I need.

The Fender style EQ took some getting used to, but I basically run it flat and get a nice tone out of my p bass with mild compression, and mild use of the sonic maximizer.

However, I’ve been using it for upright and it sounds pretty swell too. I run my Underwood into a Grace Designs BiX preamp into the BBE with good results only scooping the mids a tad.

My question is, with the mid frequency selector and gain setting, can I isolate certain problematic mid freq’s for upright (say in the 250hz range)?

We’re getting a new drummer soon who is fantastic but incredibly loud and I want to be able to leave as much room before feedback issues as possible. I’ve got some setup things on the bass itself I can do, and I’ll probably have to run my FDeck HPF before the BiX to eek out a little more headroom but I’d really like to understand how that mid freq selector/gain setting works on the BMAX.

Thanks in advance.