1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

iSOLDit on Ebay

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by L.A. Moore, Mar 16, 2008.

1. MODS, IF THERE IS A BETTER SPOT FOR THIS POST PLEASE MOVE IT

Has anyone ever dealt with one of these ebay dropp off places? I won a Boss EQ-20 from them. The auction ended Mar-07-08

When I bid on this item I was awaiting payment for one of my completed auctions. The auction fell through. I informed iSOLDit that payment would be made on Mar-14-08. The last day of my 7 day grace period as stated in the auction.

iSOLDit sent me a invoice each day of the week. When Friday came I logged on to ebay and attempted to pay with my PAYPAL, the only sorce of payment I have. The auction clearly states that they accept paypal. Only every time I go through the long process of using their checkout system I get this message.

This transaction failed because it was denied by the seller. It is possible that the seller's account information changed during your transaction. Please try again or select a different funding method.

So I send iSOLDit a message through ebay. No reply. Ok, it's the weekend maybe they are not open. Then This morning (Mar-16-08) I get this in my email.

Hello,

We wanted to remind you that your payment for the item you purchased from iSold It on eBay is overdue.

You won an item on eBay 9 days ago and we have not received payment. As stated in the listing, payment is expected within 7 days.

Checkout must be completed immediately. If payment is not received, the order will be revoked and a Non-Paying Bidder alert will be filed.

Please click the link below, sign into eBay as the winner of the item and complete the online checkout process. This will allow us to process your order as quickly as possible.

Here?s the link to the listing where you can complete the checkout and payment:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120228221166
    iSold It reference number, ISI# : 501160013041

You may also initiate check out from the Winning Bidder Email sent by eBay, or by clicking on the appropriate item in your "My eBay" items won listing.)

Consider purchasing shipping insurance for your item. Please be aware that iSold It is not responsible for lost or damaged items.

Thanks again for buying from iSold It, the #1 seller on eBay.

If you have any questions please contact us at:

The iSold It Team - iSold It
    271 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217_CODE
    Phone: 718-622-6000
    www.i-soldit.com
    service.ny0116@i-soldit.com
    eBay User ID: isoldit.ny0116

iSold It is a worldwide network of independently owned and operated businesses operating under the iSold It brand name. All text and images in the listing and this email are copyright 2007 iSold It, LLC. All rights reserved.

I reply with an email stating that they are denying my payment. (And as I'm typing this I get yet another invoice.)

I researched and found out that iSOLDit retaliates Neg feed back with Neg feedback. I want to pay for my item and get on to buying more gear. I have 100% feedback and don't want to damage that. When a buyer has a problem with my gear I've sold them, I work to resolve the issue.

I will never do business with an iSOLDit dealer again. This is more hassel then it's worth and gives ebay a bad reputation.

I also will not count on a payment till I recieve it. (I never ship till sfter payment has cleared)

Google iSOLDit and you'll find more bad deals.

2. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Phone: 718-622-6000

Your chances of getting help from Ebay are somewhere between slim and none (world's most unhelpful company EVER).

3. No answer, but it is 830 in the morning.

4. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Ebay customer disservice: 800-717-3229

5. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Also their shipping rates are extortionate.

6. Sorry for your distress, but what part of a "hot deal" is this?

7. The hot deal was getting a Boss eq-20 for $82..

8. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    I think the point of the thread is to list exception deals that are available for others to take advantage of, not to list a great deal you got.

As for iSoldIt -- that sucks! Just find a way to pay them, and wait for them to submit the feedback for you before you neg them. But honestly, if they're in the thousands of feedbacks, then one or two negs won't really impact them as much as a neg will impact you. So get the word out on other review sites. And maybe notify eBay about iSoldIt's inaccurate listing info (that is, saying they'll accept one form of payment, but not actually accepting it).

good luck, man!

ltt

9. I agree, just couldn't think of a better place for it.

10. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I think that most of us who have delt with evil-bay have gone through something similar. There is no recorse either. E-bay does as it pleases without regard towards fairness or truth. E-bay slipped when it went more retail and less rumage sale.
    There are a couple of very non-deal with sellers. I agree Isoldit is one of them. The double shipping prices and justify them by calling them handleing charges. E-bay is a Buyer Be Ware environment.

11. Through e-mails and ebay-mail and some miscommunication the deal was done. They had to send me a request for the money through paypal.

12. I also had a small yet questionable run-in with iSOLDit last year. After a series of very unsatisfying emails with them concerning of all things: shipping/handling I made the determination they were "slimey" and therefore untrustworthy. I immediately took my business to a differant vendor with the same product. The deal was made, got the product and kept my piece of mind.. I definitely don't regret 'deep sixing' the iSOLDit organization of scam artists one bit.

13. The problem is that the OP waited too long to pay. No sympathy here.

When you buy, pay the man.

They shouldn't have to check their email at the close of the 7th day waiting on you. I agree they jumped the gun, but the solution was easy:

1) Win auction
    2) Pay immediately

The fact that you were waiting on another auction isn't their problem. If you REALLY needed to wait, you should have emailed them IMMEDIATELY after winning the auction, given them full details of what you were planning to do, and advised them that you would pay on day 7 whether or not your auction came through. BTDT.

This kind of problem is easy to avoid if you communicate with sellers.

14. The e-mail was sent upon winning the item on March 7, not on the 7th day after winning. The e-mail stated that payment would BE MADE on March 14, (the 7th day) still with in their 7 day grace period.

15. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I can tell you I get edgey and start firing off emails if the person doesn't pay in two days. Ebay is so full of sketch I don't like to take chances.

16. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    iSoldit sent me an amp in a cardboard box, packed with some padded 8x10 UPS envelopes also floating around in the box (maybe 20 padded envelopes?). The box was like twice as big as it needed to be, and by the time it got to me, the tape was peeling off and there was a hole in the box.

I don't remember which location it came from (iSoldit is a chain) I think somewhere in Michigan.

An old solid state Sunn PA amp, which had a bent ear, but works fine! Ear was bent back with a pliers, and she rocks.

17. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    IMO, I mean really IMO, you should have contacted before waiting 7 days and many invoices. I certainly am not defending ISOLDIT customer service and general operating principles, but again IMO it wouldn't hurt to contact the guy about your payment plans rather than trying to pay for the item in the last minute.

Also, auction was ended at around 6 pm. If you tried to pay after that, per say 7 pm, your 7 day period ended before it. It sounds like it is an automated system and it would be understandable if it didn't accept your payment.

I soldit may have a bad reputation. Be that as it may, IMO (I can not stress this enough) I can't decide which party caused the hassle in this case. No offense