1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ISP decimator pedal sound issue...anyone had this happen before?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basspeggio-Nex, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Basspeggio-Nex

Basspeggio-Nex

Dec 24, 2015
    Hey all,

So noob question here and I'm not sure if this would be the best place to post something like this but recently I had an issue with a ISP Decimator pedal I bought awhile back where once you plug it into the end of the signal chain for my pedal set up, it would eliminate all sound (everything from amp hissing from my cab to not producing any sounds coming out of the bass even with adjusting volume pots on the bass and the threshold knob on the decimator) which seemed strange because once it was removed out, everything went back to normal. I've contacted ISP but haven't heard back from them yet with an answer so I may end up having to call their office to inquire more details about it but I thought I'd ask if anyone has had something like this happen to them with either the Decimator pedal or any other types of pedals; and yes the pedal was tested with a 9v battery and a 9v adapter plug and still the same results occurred.
    Send your thoughts or experiences.

2. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    Hmmm. No idea. Are u certain everything is connected properly. Is it the decimator G string or G string 2 that has a loop?

Basspeggio-Nex likes this.
  3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Does it do the same thing if you put it elsewhere in your signal chain?

4. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    You definitely don't have your ins and outs mixed up on the Decimator? I just ask because my guitar player has managed to do that a couple times, and oddly enough it was always into his Decimator for some reason (which he then claimed was broken!).

5. Basspeggio-Nex

Basspeggio-Nex

Dec 24, 2015
    1) Ya, the connections are all working and it is actually the 1st model decimator.
    2) It does the same thing if I change it's placement in the signal chain (once it's out and everything else is kept the same, signal flows and everything works again)
    3) the ins and outs placement don't seem to be the issue but then again, I will double check it incase I had a brain-fart.

I've been told by a friend who does maintenance on pedals and rack gear that it could be an issue with the wiring but is not sure until he gets to look into it.
    Awaiting a response back from him now