ISP Decimator

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xk49w, May 27, 2012.

1. xk49w

xk49w Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    A harp playing friend brought over his new ISP Decimator to try out with a 10W tube amp I built. From what I can tell this thing is a fancy noise gate. He bought it to combat a feedback problem he usually experiences at the gain he likes to run - I understand this is a common problem with harmonica players.

The thing does seem to work. But I noticed a click or pop whenever it was switched out, i.e. bypass. This is not normal. No pedal should do this right?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It is indeed a fany noise gate, but shouldn't make a sound when it kicks in. maybe too much gain going IN. Do you have it in an fx loop? It *should* be run as the last device before the amps input.

3. xk49w

xk49w Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2008
    It pops when it is switched out. No pop when switched in. The signal chain was an astatic mic into the ISP, then into an amp input. I tried it with two amps - one the tube amp, the other a Mark Bass LM2. Same with both.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021