1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ISP Technologies Beta Bass Preamp pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by powmetalbassist, Apr 22, 2015.

1. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

2. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!" Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    You'd think that ISP would take some initiative to post audio or A/V clips of the pedal in use. With there being a glut of preamp pedals and multi-effect preamp boxes on the market, they're only doing themselves a disservice by neglecting to post demo clips. It is the way of today's world, for better or worse, that potential buyers rely on the internet to initiate G.A.S.

Boom762 and powmetalbassist like this.
  3. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I have the ISP Theta. It's this one's red brother.I'm wanting to sell the Theta to grab this one. I dig the equalizer on the Theta but I don't dig the 2 gain channels. The built in G-String II is over zealous. You either have sound coming through or you dont. You can tap the knob over until you have LESS noise, but if you cut it all the way out your bass signal starts to weave in and out.

I'm interested in the Beta for the compression really :/

PawleeP likes this.
  4. eloann

eloann

May 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    The Theta is meant for guitar so it's probably not optimized for bass frequencies.
    I've had a Decimator G-string II for a while, and though I ended up deciding I didn't need it, it did a fine job.

The Beta wouldn't fit my bill (too large, non-standard power supply) but I'd still like to hear what it does.

kaba7a likes this.
  5. kaba7a

kaba7a

Sep 25, 2010
    Casablanca
    As far as i'm concerned, the Theta is a guitar pedal, and most of the users that have one praise it's clarity and high gain tones.

6. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    It is a guitar pedal, but at the time that I bought mine there was no bass version or even info that one was coming out. It's okay, but I wouldn't consider it professional level gear. I do plan to try out the bass version though. Maybe there is something lost through frequency or something.

7. kaba7a

kaba7a

Sep 25, 2010
    Casablanca
    Ah, now i see what you mean. Actually ive heard (numerous times) about bass players using electric guitar pedals and amps for a raw and trebly tone, but i would always go a safe route by using products that were designed for bass, and i trust very much the folks at ISP when they state that X is for bass, and Y is for guitar.

Boom762 likes this.
  8. Fantastic pre, eq and comp in neat package.
    I have Theta for guitar, as well.
    IMO almost inevitable purchase and priced right.
    Noise supression is second to none, so I would expect thisone to be bassbsolute gold standard.

PawleeP likes this.