1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ISRAEL CROSBY

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by bassedsouth, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I just thought to post this link of Israel Crosby with Ahmad Jamal and Vernell Fournier for anyone that may have not seen it yet.
    I just love Crosby's playing , his counter melody's and overall concept was simply beautiful IMHO.Just listen how much he gives to the music ...
    Excuse my rant but every time I hear his playing it simply makes me feel inspired about our our instrument.

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
  3. :) yip , thats the one !!!!

4. WillyJake

WillyJake

Jul 6, 2009
    Israel Crosby basically taught me how to walk

5. Historic.
    "Poinciana, is that yer nose or a banana?" (sorry, kindly)
    Ahmad was Miles' favorite pianist....that whole trio was the greatest.

6. MR PC

MR PC Banned

Dec 1, 2007

7. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

8. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    I agree
    Tons of Ahmad Jamal recordings on spotify--you should know

9. gerry grable

gerry grable Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Don't forget his last recorded album: Jazz Moments with the George Shearing Trio and Vernel Fournier. Capitol ST1827
    When Jamal broke up his trio, Shearing was quick to scoop him up. Tragically he died shortly after at the age of 43!

10. Scroller

Scroller

Jul 16, 2005
    Fantastic. I loved Israel Crosby's playing the moment I first heard him. A bass teacher turned me on to him many years ago. Of course, the recording was "But Not For Me - Live at the Pershing." This video was the first time I have actually seen him play. There was certainly something special about that little trio. Sooooo wonderfully musical...