1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Issac - If you're in it, report in!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Smokin' Toaster, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Semmes Alabama here, just west of Mobile. We're going to get a good piece of Isaac, 8-10 inches of rain and 50-60 mph winds courtesy of the feeder bands. The first one just came through, pretty gusty and huge raindrops, for about 3-5 minutes.

Good luck to you folks in Biloxi, Gulfport, and Bay St. Louis. The media will ignore you again as they dance about Canal Street in New Orleans as you get pummeled. Maybe one day the media will actually listen to themselves as they tell us how the northeast quadrant is the worst part.

2. Bassguy61

Bassguy61

Feb 28, 2008
    Pearl, MS
    Not in it yet, but will be before it's done. We're inland about 3 hours, but still expecting possible 10+ inches of rain and TS force winds. Slow mover of a storm, so lost of flooding in the offing here...

Have realtives in Dawes (just outside Mobile) so wish the best for them. They live on a heavily wooded lot, so always concerns...

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Man, good luck to all you guys who are in this thing's path. Doesn't look as bad as katrina from this vantage point but still bad enough to cause some big problems. argh!! hang in there!

4. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    The weather channel has sure been hyping the crap out of this storm.
    Better safe than sorry I guess.

5. Well their job IS to get people to watch and buy the advertisers products, but...

For those of you who have never been in one of these, a slow moving TS or Cat one can do a lot of flooding damage, and as the ground gets soaked falling trees can do a lot of damage too. I've seen southern pines fall on a house and not stop till they hit slab or ground. There may not be as many "video-bite" moments as there was with Katrina or other previous infamous storms, but Isaac will cause a lot of people a lot of grief, you can bet on that.

I want to see Jim Cantore and Al Roker on the beach at Pass Christian or Bay St. Louis. After the storm they can THEN tell me about their big 'ol weather kanunas.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    A few miles south of you, a little closer to Tillman's Corner, and so far it's been a very pretty day, albeit windy. I've played basketball with the neighbor, cut the grass, thinking about getting out on the bike trails this afternoon before the rain sets in.

My office is on Rabbit Creek, so I may head down there this evening to see if the water is rising enough for me to do any last-minute protective measures.

7. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
  8. Intermittant strong rain bands with 35-50mph wind gusts here in West Mobile since about 8pm.

9. Oh it can't be that much of a storm if you still have an internet connection. :)

10. Good luck and Godspeed.

11. Hurricanes are a weird thing. We never lost power during Hurricane Rita. After Hurricane Ike, I was without power for two weeks. Just kinda depends I suppose.

12. Spoken like someone with very little experience in tropical weather.
    ;)

13. 8liter

8liter Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Key West here, storm was a breeze (no pun)

14. That weather would make me crap myself.

I'll stick with my sunny California weather with the occasional earthquake.

15. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Mobile decided to go with the Purple Power theme for last nights storm...

11493607-standard.

16. Boy, do I love living in Europe...

I can tell you it would be my greatest nightmare (as a matter of fact, I HAVE had nightmares of tornados/hurricanes)!

Best of luck and I hope no one gets hurt! Godspeed!